Update: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Metropolitan Community Church of New Orleans want to encourage our congregants to make decisions that are best for you and your family. We ask you to be informed by paying attention to state and local news alerts, checking in with the WHO website https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 and with the CDC https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html.
I also want to let our congregants know that we are implementing steps to be proactive for our worship space and during our worship services.
1. We will leave greater space between chairs to make those in attendance feel more comfortable.
2. We will have hand sanitizer available at the entrances to our worship space for use.
3. During the sign of peace we ask for those present to refrain from hugging and instead make a gesture of acknowledgement such as:
• Use the “Namaste” posture of hands together in prayer and a slight bow to greet each other
• Another option is to place one hand over your heart and greet with a head bow
• Use the two-finger peace sign
4. Those serving communion will use hand sanitizer prior to handling either of the elements.
5. Communion will be handed to you to reduce the amount of hands touching the vessels
In the end, we are implementing these temporary changes for us to reduce the risk for spreading this illness. We also understand if you make the decision to step away from being present at worship because you are in one of the high-risk groups that are susceptible to this virus or out of caution. We invite you to support us and join us in spirit through our Facebook live feed (www.facebook.com/MCCNewOrleans).
Let us continue to support and pray for one another during this challenging time.
Yours in Christ,
Metropolitan Community Church Announces Worship Changes
As we continue to face the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the city of New Orleans, the length of time between exposure and development of symptoms, and reality that many of our congregants face medical issues that can be adversely affected by exposure to COVID-19, the Board of Directors have made the decision to conduct Facebook Live Feed Services ONLY through April 15th. The BOD will review this decision as officials with the state, city and the CDC update us on closures due to COVID-19.
Please help us spread the word about these changes and continue to Pray for our city, state, nation and world.
Services that will be affected:
Taize Service - Fridays during Lent. Facebook live feed Fridays at 7 pm
Sunday Worship - Facebook Live feed begins at 10 am
All Music Ministry rehearsals are to be canceled at this time.Type your paragraph here.